How did Aaron Carter die? Causes revealed
Aaron Carter, Nick's brother, died five months ago at the age of only 34. A sudden death that had left everyone surprised and shocked.
Today, some time later, the cause of death would be made known. Both People and TMZ would report that according to the Los Angeles County coroner's office, Aaron Carter died accidentally, drowning in the bathtub of his home in Lancaster, California.
The young man reportedly slipped beneath the surface of the water after becoming unconscious from taking difluoroethane and alprazolam.
The sudden death of Aaron Carter
Aaron Carter, Nick's brother, died five months ago at the age of only 34 on November 5, 2022. It was a sudden death, which had left everyone surprised and shocked also because the Carter family had already experienced a serious bereavement due to the death of Nick and Aaron's sister Leslie, who also passed away at the age of 25.
The coroner's response
Today, some time later, the cause of death was reportedly revealed. Both People and TMZ reported that according to the Los Angeles County Coroner's Office, Aaron Carter died accidentally, drowning in the bathtub of his home in Lancaster, California.
The causes of death
The young singer allegedly slipped under the surface of the water after losing consciousness due to taking difluoroethane and alprazolam. Difluoroethane is a gas used for compressed air canisters while alprazolam is the generic drug of Xanax.
The relationship between Aaron and his brother Nick Carter
The relationship between Aaron Carter and his brother Nick (member of the band Backstreet Boys) was not the most idyllic. This had been confirmed by Nick Carter himself, who had posted a few words on Instagram for his recently deceased brother, recalling just how complicated their relationship had been while the boy was still alive.
The sad episode at the 2023 Grammys
Aaron Carter also became the protagonist, in spite of himself, of an episode that some have called very unpleasant. During the 2023 edition of the Grammy Awards, the artist was not remembered among those who had passed away in the previous months.